Well, well, well. Now that Superbowl 50 has ended, let's get back on track and eat super healthy and exercise every day. Until the weekend.
You need to make this dip. Seriously. Eat super healthy and run a few extra miles this week because you will need to eat this dip. There is a vegetable in it, so it's healthy, right? It's like eating a salad. You're good.
I saw this recipe on Live! with Kelly and Michael and since what I originally wanted to make for my friend's Superbowl party would not have tasted all that great (I wanted to make a spinach and artichoke dip inside a baguette which would have been hard and cold) by the time I got to her house, I decided to make this instead. It is super creamy, decadent and savory; you will end up making this for every party once you taste this...or every weekend (#netflixandeat) since it is so easy.
Here are some things to keep in mind when making this:
- Make sure you get exactly what the recipe calls for, specifically the Parmesan cheese--you need the roughly grated because the finely grated won't melt as it should. Still delicious though, and the finely grated is much less expensive than the roughly grated, so also keep that in mind.
- There are a ton of different varieties of artichokes---I would stay away from the artichokes in a dressing (basil, oregano, or other seasonings will alter this dip--could be delicious but this came out so flippin' good) and just get the cans that say "in brine".
- This will make a ton of dip! I put it in two aluminum pans because I didn't have one big enough. The one pictured is 7 3/8 x 7 3/8 x 1 5/16 and the dip made enough for two of those pans.
- You need a hearty, sturdy chip, maybe even one with low salt (the dip has enough cheese so you won't need the added salt on the chips). I think pita chips are best or even the scoopable tortilla chips will work just fine. You can even make your own pita chips by cutting up pita pockets and baking them in the oven while the dip is heating up.
- Try to share; it will be hard not to hoard this for yourself.
Leave me a comment below if you make this dip! Enjoy!